Saturday 27 October 2012

Chinese Sweet Peanut Soup

Today would have been my Dad's 67th birthday. I wonder how things would have been different if he were still alive. I do so often wish that Dad was around to see me cook and taste my dishes. He was a far better cook than me and used to do most of the cooking at home. I regret not learning much from him as I didn't take much interest before. 

Sweet peanut soup was one of Dad's favourite dish to cook. Boy do I miss dad's cooking!




Ingredients
360 grams unsalted peanuts
2 litres water
4 tablespoons coconut milk or cream
150 grams rock sugar or white sugar

Method
* Soak peanuts overnight. Remove the skins, rinse and drain.
* Bring water to a boil over high fire. Add in peanuts. Cover pot with lid and bring it to a boil again.
* Lower heat and simmer for at least 2 hours or until peanuts are cooked and thoroughly soft.
* Add coconut milk and sugar. Boil for 1 minute.
* Serve immediately.


I love you daddy and miss you even more!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your dad is no longer alive - I bet he'd have enjoyed this soup! It sounds really interesting - I've never had anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy Piggy. Why not give it a go and let me know if you like it too? =)

      Delete