Why not kick start your day with a healthy breakfast? This is a classic North African dish which is commonly eaten for breakfast or brunch accompanied by bread. It's a delicious, easy and fast dish to make and a real fun meal to enjoy with your family.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red and green capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
1 tsp cumin seeds
6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
a handful of chopped coriander leaves
1 spring onion, finely chopped
* Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat.
* Add oil and saute onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
* Add capsicums and fry for 5 minutes. Add garlic and chilli and continue to fry for a minute of two or until soft and tender.
* Add cumin and fry for a minute, add tomatoes, season and cook for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have turned soft (add 3-4 tbsp of water if the tomatoes aren't that moist). The mixture should have a consistency of a thick sauce. Stir and mix well.
* Make 4 wells in the tomato mixture and break an egg into each. Cover the pan and cook over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until the white is set and yolk is still a little runny.
* Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves and chopped spring onion, plus plenty of crusty bread on the side to mop up any juices.
Recipe adapted from Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
I love dipping bread in the sauce, Yum!