Saturday 10 November 2012

Hungry Duck, Berry


Berry is a small town in NSW South Coast situated approximately at least two hours drive South of Sydney. I love visiting Berry and I especially love the shops, galleries, boutiques and its beautiful surroundings. This beautiful town is famous for its gardens, arts and crafts, antiques and markets.





The Berry Historic Museum along  the main street of Berry.

I got curious about this restaurant when I read about it on SMH Good Food Guide 2013.
So I was expecting to experience more in terms of quality, flavours and service.
A few weeks ago my family and I decided to give it a go.
We traveled two hours only to be disappointed with some of the dishes. 
I must say that the salad of banana blossom tasted bland and the stir-fried Hokkien noodles was nothing special.

Crumbed quail eggs with ponzu mayonnaise
This dish was a hit. Gone in 60 seconds.



Sashimi of yellow fin tuna on lotus chips, orange zest and olive tapenade
We unanimously wished there was more sauce.



Tempura zucchini flowers with aged soy and citrus



Warm salad of banana blossom, poached chicken and coconut.   
Just did not quite have the flavours.For me, it was a let down.


Braised shoulder of Alpaca,  iceberg lettuce, kimchi and sriracha


Duck three ways- duck spring rolls, rare caramelized breast and
a crispy Sichuan peppered leg


Stir-fried Hokkien noodles with Asian greens and XO sauce. 
Where's the XO?!?



Tahitian kaffir lime tart with fresh local cream


Warm chocolate fondant with miso ice cream






Hungry Duck
85 Queen Street, Berry
(02) 44642323



Hungry Duck on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment