This cool and creamy cheesecake is just perfect for an Aussie Christmas.
Enjoy the flavours of the season!
300g cherries, pitted, halved
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g chocolate or digestive biscuits
80g butter, melted, cooled
1 cup thickened cream
1/3 condensed milk
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
cherries, extra for topping
* Place cherries into a large bowl with sugar and vanilla. Stir and set bowl aside for 5 minutes.
* Line base of a 22cm springform tin with baking paper. Process biscuits in food processor until finely crumbed. Add butter and process until well combined. Transfer to a prepared tin and press evenly and firmly over base. Transfer to fridge to set while making the filling.
* Place mascarpone, cream and condensed milk into a large bowl and whisk until thick. Fold in almonds.
* Using a fork, mash some of the pitted cherries to release their juice. Add mashed cherries, with juice, to cream mixture and fold through. Spoon filling over base. Smooth top and return to fridge for at least four hours to set.
* Loosen cheesecake by running a knife around inside of the cake tin. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Top with extra fresh cherries and serve.
Recipe adapted from Woolworths Fresh Magazine