Wednesday 30 September 2015

La Galette Patisserie, Merrylands

When my family and I moved to Sydney, Merrylands was the first place we lived in.
It brings back so much wonderful memories. Merrylands was a quiet suburb, central to many things
and one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse areas in Sydney but a lot has changed in the past few years. 
I miss going back to this place for its food, the festivals, the library and I really miss my friends. 

Merrylands is filled with Middle Eastern pastry shops selling delicious syrup soaked sweets.
I tell you they are very hard to resist and will leave you begging for more.





Pistachio Bourma


Basma Pistachio





Taj Al Malak- How can you resist temptation?


Nammoura


Beklewa (Pistachio & Cashew)


Karabeesh





My family and I are huge fans of Lebanese breads. I used to buy them from this little shop called Milad Supermarket in Merrylands Road on my way to the library.
 I would also be filling my shopping trolley with delicious and authentic Middle Eastern spices, Afghan bread, pashmak (Persian fairy floss), pickled vegetables and whatever else I see that will satisfy my Middle Eastern food cravings. Typing this is seriously making me want to go back soon!


White Lebanese Bread

Afghan Bread


Pashmak or Persian fairy floss






La-galette Patisserie
webpage 
169 Merrylands Road, Merrylands New South Wales 2160
02 9637 4441
  La Galette Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment