Wednesday 22 August 2018

Burger Point, Marsden Park, NSW

 I recently stumbled upon a photo of an ube waffle topped with ice cream in an Instagram post and the image of this waffle lingered in my mind. I love everything with ube in it and this is one I just want to have! Ube (pronounced oo-beh) also known as "purple yam" is a Philippine tuber known for its vivid violet colour and often used in sweets. Taro or gabi which has a lighter colour is often compared to it but Filipinos use taro mostly in savoury dishes.

Burger Point, located just across Ikea in Marden Park is a place that serves this awesome ube dish. It's been years since I ventured to an Ikea and this ube dish certainly made me go to the blue box as well as giving a good excuse to try the ube waffle.  They also serve an ube milk shake which tasted wonderful and the kumara fries which were cooked perfectly, even better than the ones I had elsewhere. Their Chick N' Waffles is a definite must have. It's so good that it makes you want to have another helping. Burger Point is a must go in Sydney's North West.




Ube Waffles
This dish was supposed to come with honey cashews but they run out and I insisted they still serve the waffles sans cashew.  Still delicious!



Ube, my childhood favourite.


I'm so mesmerised by that bright violet colour.


Kumara -  fried just right


Chick N' Waffles
Spicy southern fried chicken, double maple bacon, maplenaise, house pickles, American cheese, trio-cheese and bacon waffle.



Marvin Glaze

Old School

Ube Shake



Burger Point
Home Hub, 24/9 Hollinsworth Road, Marsden Park, NSW

Burger Point Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment