Friday 23 September 2016

Tsukiji Kanno + Revisited Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo Winter 2016

Our first day in Tokyo and it was snowing and raining but that didn't stop us from braving below freezing temperatures. I just had to have my sashimi rice bowls in Tsukiji and nothing could stop me.  
No where else can one get this many varieties of sashimi to eat.
The sheer amount of choices can be overwhelming. 

We were on our way to the inner market thinking that with this cold weather 
it might deter people from going out. That way we might have a chance 
at securing a spot in one of those popular sushi joints. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

More forklifts, trucks, and scooters to dodge.

There was still a ridiculously long queue at Daiwa Sushi and Sushi Dai despite the poor weather. Although shorter as compared to what I've read. We were cold and hungry and just couldn't be bothered waiting anymore.

We ended up at Tsukiji Kanno which is located in the outer market. The sashimi bowls came with a steaming hot bowl of miso. The food was so comforting it warmed me to the bone. It was delicious, high quality and fresh all at a reasonable price. I wished I could have more but I was careful not to overeat. 

I also found out, they bid on tuna and other seafood at The Tsukiji Market 
and deliver them directly to the restaurant hence cutting down on costs.

You can choose to seat at the counter where you can be closer to the open kitchen or seat at regular tables. 
Of course, I chose counter.

Mid Fatty Tuna, Salmon Roe and Sea Urchin

Salmon Special

Low Fat Tuna, Salmon Roe and Sea Urchin



Eating freshly shucked huge oysters- always a mind blowing experience!

Huge oysters freshly shucked right before your eyes. Nom! Nom! Nom!

Grilled Scallops, Snow Crabs and Prawns!
I'm in heaven....


My favourite tamago shop in Tsukiji.
 
Go ahead, try them for free!

 

High-quality steak with a lot of marbling!

Wasabi

Variety of authentic Japanese dinnerware.

Tsukiji Kanno Main Shop
4-9-5 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku
Menu
Access


No comments:

Post a Comment