Saturday 27 April 2013

Thai Grand Festival 2013

Tumbalong Park came alive with the sights and sounds of Thailand during
the Thailand Grand Festival at Darling Harbour.

I have traveled to Thailand a number of times and I keep finding myself being drawn to its food and culture again and again. I miss its cheap, delicious and authentic dishes. Food here is amazing.
Thai people love to eat and they live to eat more than the other way around.


Thailand is a 'Land of Smiles' that never ceases to amaze me.
Sawasdee-ka!




Deep fried Fish Balls from Chat Thai



$8 Thai banana fritters from Chat Thai.



These are my favourite! Thai rice containers.


Vegetable carving showcases the Thai creativity and ingenuity.


These Thai banana fritters from Chat Thai are so crunchy and tasty!




Thai lady playing a Thai musical instrument.







Muay Thai Boxing
I've always been fascinated with the Wai Kru Ram Muay ritual
accompanied by traditional sarama or Muay Thai music. Fighters circle the ring three times then kneeling and bowing three times to show respect to God and man.




Muay Thai Boxing is the national sport of Thailand. This ancient religious sport has been around for thousands of years and is still being practiced today as a professional sport and a hobby.




Khob-kun-ka!






No comments:

Post a Comment