I recently discovered that coconut cream is especially delicious with sweet potatoes.
It's truly a wonderful combination of flavours.
This dish is so easy to prepare and
I encourage you to try it for yourself.
1 kilo of sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced as thinly and evenly as possible.
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp unsalted butter
a few pinches of sea salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup of thickened cream
4 tsp sriracha
1 tbsp cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
* Preheat oven to 175C.
* In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat, then mix together with olive oil, add a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
* Brush a coating of the butter and oil mixture over the inside of a baking dish or skillet, and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Arrange potatoes in the dish and brush with the remaining butter and oil and sprinkle with brown sugar.
* Roast potatoes for around 30- minutes, or until the middle of the potatoes are tender and the tops begin to brown and crisp. (Roasting time would also depend on how thinly you’ve sliced them.) Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
* While the potatoes are resting, whisk together the coconut milk, thickened cream, and sriracha in a saucepan over medium heat, until just warmed.
* Pour half of the sauce over top of the potatoes and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
* Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Recipe adapted from Reclaiming Provincial