Saturday 3 September 2011

Chilli Padi Nonya Cafe, Singapore

I absolutely love Nyonya/Nonya cuisine. I reckon it's one of the most exciting cuisines in the world. This fusion of Chinese and Malay cuisines all started when the Chinese migrated to Malaysia and inter-married with the local Malays. 



A framed Nyonya Kebaya which is the traditional costume worn  by the Peranakan ladies.







Make your own laksa.



Penang Laksa is definitely one of my favourites. It's beautiful, vibrant, sweet and tangy. I easily finished two bowls of these.


Nyonya Laksa


Sayur Lodeh, Curry Assam Ikan


Ayam Bua Kuluak





Chwee Kueh with Chicken Filling


Savoury Yam Kueh


Mixing ingredients for my Rojak.


Colourful Nyonya sweets.


Nyonya sweets lean more towards the Malay-style of making desserts.



Sticky rice from the generous auntie at Chilli Padi.


Chilli Padi Peranakan Restaurant
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment