Wednesday 21 August 2013

Portuguese Egg Tart

 
My favourite childhood dessert would have to be these egg tarts.
Remembering how creamy and wonderful the taste was. So yum!

I recently thought about trying to make my own egg tarts.
I know my son will love my forever if I make them.

Getting excited... now I can make some of these myself! 






Ingredients:
3 sheets puff pastry
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup thickened cream
1/3 cup of milk
3 tbsp caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
* In an electric mixer beat the eggs, sugar, cream, milk and vanilla for about 3 minutes. Strain through a strainer.
* Preheat oven to 180C.
* Cut pastry into circles, 8cm diameter. Fit them well into tart tins. Fill the shells with the custard, 3/4 full.
* Bake for 20-30 minutes of until custard turns brown.




So tell me reader, what's your favourite childhood dessert?


No comments:

Post a Comment