Saturday 4 June 2016

Tim Ho Wan and Cheers Cut at The District, Chatswood

The Baked BBQ Pork Buns was the reason why we wanted to dine at Tim Ho Wan Chatswood because we miss having themI tried them the first time in Tim Ho Wan, Mongkok (read here) a few years ago and they were by far the best buns I've ever had. So I got a bit excited when I heard about the opening of their first branch in Chatswood. 
My excitement soon faded into disappointment. It was a strange experience. The BBQ Pork Buns and Osmanthus cake were nothing like the ones I tasted in Hong Kong. There was nothing extraordinary and so were the other dishes. 
 Good thing a giant fried squid from Cheers Cut came to the rescue and that was really good!





Cold Barley

Beef Ball with Bean Curd Skin

Congee with Pork, Century Egg and Salted Egg

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork



Vermicelli Roll with BBQ Pork

Steamed Egg Cake

Tonic Medlar and Osmanthus Cake





Oh my gawd! Giant fried squids are my kryptonite!
They're so delicious!






My fried squid drizzled with spicy chilli sauce. Nom!


Tim Ho Wan
Webpage
1 Railway St, Chatswood
Tim Ho Wan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato  

Cheers Cut
Webpage
Shop P3, The District @ Chatswood Interchange

No comments:

Post a Comment